We are all a TEAM!
Every Year we work together to bring something extra to our school community.
- Annual Winter Food Drive – donations of food are packed into hampers for distribution to those in need.
- Buddy Bench – We worked with Mens Sheds Navan to bring 2 fabulous Buddy Benches into our school yard and along with Buddy Bench Ireland brought in the programme that is a child-led positive mental health programme that enables children to foster friendships and eliminates lonliness in the yard. This programme tied in so well with the school ethos of kindness and acceptance of each other. There is a different programme structure for each class level. To learn more about this wonderful program click here
- Clothing Collections – we join with National Council for the Blind to recycle clothing that will go into their charity stores or onto textile recycling.
- People in our Community – We work with companies and front-line services that help and support us on a daily basis. They visit the children in school and discuss their roles in the community and provide informative lessons that are in addition to the primary curriculum.
- We provide information courses for parental support in conjunction with the National Parents Council
- Culture Celebration – Every year we support a different cultural event in collaboration with the school staff and management. This brings all of our cultures together and gives all of our families an opportunity to bring their heritage and customs into school to share with everyone.
- Family Fun Day – in addition to our fantastic sports day tradition of family races and picnics, we hold a full day of fun for our families that provide the opportunity for families/classmates to meet up, spend some time together and have fun with games and activities.
- Fundraising Days – sometimes its not all about us! We hold fun days for the children that hold a deeper meaning for the world outside of the classroom. We’ve all enjoyed Ice Cream Days in support of Down Syndrome Ireland and Cheerios Breakfast mornings in support of Childline.